2020 North Korea Economy & Democratization Essay Contest
In a hope to bring positive social change as well as interest in the economy of North Korea and democratization of North Korean citizens, GAEE Seoul and Youth Forum of North Korea Democratization hosts 2020 North Korea Economy and Democratization Essay Contest sponsored by the Ministry of Unification.
Host: GAEE Seoul, Youth Forum of North Korea Democratization
Supervisor: GAEE Seoul Sponsor: Ministry of Unification
Fee: 50,000 won in Korean Won (Portion of fees will be donated to Youth Forum of North Korea Democratization)
Eligibility: Students in 7th grade to 12th grade
Maximum 1000 words in English (Title and Reference do not count towards the word count)
- (30%) Creativity
- (25%) Effort
- (25%) Efficiency
- (20%) Structure/Form/Grammar, Spelling
1. North Korea Economy
- Comparing North and South Korea’s economy, what are advantages of each economy and should there be a joint enterprise, what would be done
- Under the circumstances investing in North Korea is allowed, which area would you invest in
- What are some of the example country, company or organizations that were in similar situation as North Korea that showed growth in economy and what is the potential way to do so
- What is the potential of North Korea’s economy in free economy setting and what is the area with the most potential
2. North Korea Democratization
- What is the impact democratization in North Korea will have in labor
- What is the impact democratization in North Korea will have in law
- What is the impact democratization in North Korea will have in individual pleasure
- What is the impact democratization in North Korea will have in culture education
Registering - Please submit by registering through GAEE Seoul website (gaeesk.com) and please submit after converting your word document into PDF
- After submitting your essay please send Application Fee -Non-refundable application fee: 50,000 Won
Kookmin Bank (국민은행): 378801-01-167206 (주식회사 아이앤시)
*Note: - Essays will not be returned.
- Essays that defame others, spread illegal false information, violate portrait rights will not be acknowledged and in case of any legal issues, all responsibilities will be upon those that submitted the work.
- Any politically biased opinion or controversial political facts should not be included and when detected, the work will be disqualified.